at Vista Grande Villa
Vista Grande Villa is Jackson’s premier retirement community for residents, and a rewarding place to work for employees.
Many members of our team have been part of the Vista Grande Villa family for years. 22 members of our staff have served the organization for 5 years or more; 18 have more than 10 years of service; 12 have been part of life at Vista Grande Villa for 20 years or more; and 3 have been here for over 40 years! We attract a full range of team members, the youngest being 16 years old and the oldest, over 70.
We pride ourselves on a culture which means Vista Grande Villa provides more than a job, it provides a meaningful career. We take satisfaction in hiring, training and retaining employees who have a love of serving seniors!
We understand the challenges of balancing work-life and home-life and we are continually adjusting to enable our employees to be successful at both.
We’re always looking for qualified candidates to join our team and staff our community.
If you enjoy building lasting relationships with seniors and fellow team members, in a dynamic and supportive environment, we look forward to hearing from you!
For those coming into the industry and who are interested in obtaining a CNA license, we have scholarships available that will pay for the course and positions available for them to transition.
To attract and retain exceptional people, we offer competitive compensation packages. Features include:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Coverage
- Paid Time-off Program plus Paid Holidays
- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Program
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Education
- Adoption Assistance
- Employer sponsored short term disability coverage
Diversity & Inclusion
Vista Grande Villa employs 175 people in a full range of roles. We expect and strive for a diverse representation of people, ideas and backgrounds. Our dedication to diversity is evident in our commitment to staff, community partners, and suppliers.
In an industry where we create superior home and living experiences for our customers, it’s all too easy to neglect our own work/life balance. Vista Grande Villa is pleased to offer the following benefits designed to meet the various needs of our employees:
- Cafeteria Style Benefit Insurance Plan Options for full and part-time employees
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching
- Paid Time Off Accrual (PTO) full and part-time employees
- Paid Holidays
- EAP- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Bonuses
- Educational Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Development Opportunities
- On-Site Lockers
- On-Site Parking
- On-Site Dining
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Employee Retention Programs
- Employee Engagement Programs
- Volunteer Opportunities
The Foundation for Excellence
To become a leader in Senior Living and achieve superior resident and employee satisfaction, Vista Grande Villa has adopted Standards of Performance that will measure overall work performance. By adopting these standards, Vista Grande Villa ensures a positive, professional and collaborative work environment that enforces our commitment to providing the highest quality resident services.
A commitment to effective communication, cooperative interactions and putting others first demonstrates our value of personal trustworthiness.
Quality Customer Care
- Acknowledge a customer/resident presence immediately.
- Greet every customer/resident in a warm friendly manner and with a smile.
- Provide personalized service. Acknowledge individuals by name.
- Anticipate customer/resident needs.
- Be timely. Apologize for problems and delays.
- When transporting residents by wheelchair, always face them forward.
- Pause before entering an elevator so as not to block anyone’s exit. Step aside and hold open the door for others.
Commitment to Co-workers
- Treat all employees as professionals who deserve courtesy, honesty and respect.
- Cooperate with one another. Support each other’s work and be open to new ideas.
- Provide co-workers with information needed to do their jobs.
- Recognize accomplishments by celebrating individual and team success.
- Kindly speak to others first when there is an issue. Go to your supervisor only when you are unable to resolve issues with others.
- Respect the privacy of co-workers.
- Make eye contact and listen attentively, without interruption, to customers as they communicate their needs, comments and concerns.
- Clarify and confirm customer concerns and expectations.
- Communicate honestly and openly with customers and co-workers. Ensure they receive the information they need.
- Be aware of non-verbal communication and what your body language might convey to others.
- When communicating by telephone, observe proper telephone etiquette and smile!
Pride in Self
- Through our actions, appearance and demeanor, we demonstrate to others the values we hold.
- Be professional. Convey a sense of pride and professionalism.
- Demonstrate to customers that you are eager to assist them.
- WOW customers. Actively seek ways to exceed the expectations of the people we serve, do not wait to be asked.
- Always thank customers/residents for choosing Vista Grande Villa.
- Display name badges where they are easily viewable to customers/residents.
- Be neat, clean and professional in appearance.
- Adhere to dress code policies.
- Limit perfumes, colognes and remain free from the smell of smoking products.
Sense of Ownership
- Take pride in the organization and behave as if you own it!
- Take responsibility for your work environment by picking up litter and returning equipment to its proper location.
- Accept the responsibilities of your job and resolve issues quickly.
- Hold yourself accountable to your co-workers and customers.
- Do your part to contribute to the financial success of Vista Grande Villa.
- By maintaining a clean, safe and private environment, we demonstrate our commitment to the well-being of those we serve.
- Correct or report any safety hazard you see.
- Report all accidents or incidents properly and promptly.
- Keep resident information confidential. Discuss resident’s health information only as necessary for their care.
- Knock, identify yourself and pause before entering a resident room or apartment.
- Always close the curtain and door during exams and procedures.
- Provide a robe or second gown while the resident is ambulating or in a wheelchair as necessary.